Sunday 25 December 2016

The last string.( Reflection of complete trip)

On the last day we decided to go to Hampi just for ourselves, to enjoy the running water without any thoughts, without any burden of sketchbooks and notepads, without any camera!
Just to stay still and enjoy beauty of Nature. Hence we went to Hampi for one last day. That was the time I realised that we are not going to come here again, that was the time I realised by the side of the river, that we will not be crossing the river again by boat trying to catch water, I realised that we will not be climbing the tiring staircase up and down again, we will not follow our normal routine of coming everyday here and we will again be busy in our “Bangalore life”.
The journey so far was complete in every sense but still incomplete in many. First day, getting down from the train little did we know that we will take so many memories from this place. Morning sunrises taught me that if days end a new day has to begin. When there is no way, wait for the morning to light up the way for you. Ruins of temples taught me how to have a deep meaning in every piece of art that is made, no art is "simply done". Art needs meaning. Solid structures taught me not to lose myself in wind storm. People taught me to find my piece i need peace. 
All the events simply took form. From completely abstract image of hampi and Anegundi to a refined one, it was smooth but rough. The biggest part was discovering a place where women have work and men drink, eat and sleep. 
First of all, small activities that we did in classroom!

  • Tracing back our communities helped me understand importance of community and whole idea of belongingness to a place as well as the community.
  • Studying a temple gave me exposure on how people will be behaving around temple and in what way are they comfortable talking and whole idea of layers of temples, one is fabricated which is beautiful but just from outside and has faith and peace in place. The other one being unfabricated, the one which needs no show off, layer which is actual temple.
  • Talk with Arpita gave us idea about how to approach people and about what things to focus on in a temple town.
  • Eduardo's works gave us ideas and i understood that in a photograph, colours and basic design form is as important as in a painting. 
  • Clicking pictures from Ant eye view, gave me a different angle to explore, exploring details.
  • The first day at Hampi pushed me to look into history of sculptures and how every sculpture has a story or a meaning as every art piece of ours should have. 
  • The second day at Anegundi gave me an insight to look into people and made me more curious about famous 'Banana fibre workshop'
  • The third day gave a bird's eye view of place which made me think more about market area and Hampi as a UNESCO site
  • The fourth day lead me to a complete different way. I discovered how largely banana fibre workshop affects the whole village of Anegundi, how men are unemployed and women are employed, how the factory forms a network in village, how hindu ladies make the raw materials at home and muslim ladies furthur process it into final products and how rituals at Hindu home and muslim homes affect their workings.
  • On the fifth day, I could get to know lives of people working in market area and how they all are affected by UNESCO and UNESCO clearing out shops to make Hampi a world heritage site.
  • On sixth day, I got different views on my identified issues which made me realise everybody has either black or white opinion about a particular issue in the way it affects them.
Hampi- was the place I realised my worth in, a place where I shed out my fear of talking to strangers, a place where I found my peace in. I felt internally as if I was in a holy place living a life of nomad, Hampi being one of my spots and I follow routine of coming and going everyday just as the people who owned shop and restaurants in Hampi did.
This place had taught me a lot. How to find your own peace in places was one of them. External Peace was important, as it gave a way for introspection and introspection gave a way to discovery and discovery to Internal peace.
Thankyou dear Land of temples for teaching me what cities failed to teach me.


No comments:

Post a Comment